BS FloorDense - Concrete Floor Densification, Anti Dust & Polishing, 20L Pack
About BS FloorDense Concrete Densifier.
BS FloorDense concrete densifier is a liquid chemical hardener to be applied on top of the concrete floor after casting. It can be left as it is after application or buffed for mild sheen or even polished for higher sheen level.
If polishing has to be done for the concrete slab, BS FloorDense is to be used after casting is complete and a suitable grinding and polishing process has to be executed to achieved the desired finish
It doesn’t matter if the concrete floor is polished or not, using BS FloorDense densifier is a logical way to improve strength, top hardness and service life of a concrete floor.
BS FloorDense works as a micro pore filler in the concrete structure on the top of floor slab and increases its surface density. After application BS FloorDense penetrates deeply in the concrete surface, starting a reaction in the pores and creates an insoluble material filling the micro pores in the concrete slab.
This process hardens the concrete surface also reducing the pitting effect. BS FloorDense improves the concrete floor durability significantly as compared to untreated concrete floor.
How Does BS FloorDense Works?
After casting of concrete floor, during the process of curing, an unstable material known as free lime or concrete dust is generated This fine dust is calcium carbonate, which comes out from the concrete floor and causes dusting. After BS FloorDense is applied it reacts with this free lime and produces a harder substance called calcium-silicate-hydrate that locks and fills the micro pores. This process forms dense hard crystals in the micro structure of concrete surface making it harder and less porous.
BS FloorDense causes hardening reaction which also bonds the concrete and chemicals densifier together.
The most visible benefit of applying BS FloorDense on concrete floor is that it stops the dust coming out form concrete floor which is a continuous trouble on untreated concrete floors.
Benefits of BS FloorDense Concrete Floor Densifying System.
- These days, densified concrete floor that is polished to a soft sheen is a preferred method for large concrete floor in commercial buildings such as warehouses, car parking, factories and other such facilities.
- Added strength and increased hardness on the concrete floor construction leads to better resistance to wear & tear.
- BS FloorDense concrete densifier is an ideal product for doing economical buffed or polished floor surfaces
- Better light reflectance of the polished floor leads to better ambiance and also reduction in energy consumption for lighting over larger projects
- Easy cleaning capability as compared to untreated concrete floor
- Reduction in service cost on the maintenance of the concrete floor
How to use BS FloorDense
- For Old Floor : Conduct repairs to small patches and and crevices using polymerized mortar with products such as BS Smartbond 100
- Wash and clean the surface with soap water and ensure all loose dust and particles are cleared out.
- Ensure BS FloorDense is properly stirred before being used as it contains heavy particles that settle down.
- After the concrete surface is touch dry, BS FloorDense should be applied by spreading on the concrete floor using a suitable pouring tool.
- Spread the BS FloorDense liquid with a rubber squeeze and work it in.
- Let the material thoroughly saturate the surface and ensure there are no dry spots, also make sure no excess material is left. This may leave a white spot
- Wait for 45 minutes and after that wash out the floor again with liberal amount of water.
- Ensure floor is properly washed.
- If you want to start buffing or polishing operation it can start after 4 to 6 hours of the treatment.
- For New Floor : For freshly cast concrete floor, BS FloorDense can also be used a curing agent and can be sprayed on the green concrete when the concrete is still green.
- Use a suitable spraying tool to evenly spread the BS FloorDense material on the freshly cast concrete.
- BS FloorDense can also be applied after 7 days of curing completion as per the same process explained in serial no 1 above.
Coverage of BS FloorDense : One Liter of BS FloorDense will cover between 6 to 8 Sqm depending on the porosity & absorption of the concrete surface.