Description of BS BluTop
BS BluTop is a new generation finishing aid cum Partial PreDensifier system developed to solve concrete flooring finishing issues. BS BluTop reduces evaporation of water by more than 15% thus it preserves concrete from various moisture inconsistency defects like plastic shrinkage, map-cracking and delamination.
It works on green concrete in combination with dryshake floor hardener, as a final finishing aid for the concrete flooring along with improved bonding effect on the green concrete with dryshake toppings.
BS BluTop is based on anionic / nonionic emulsifier systems along with nano crystallized water chemistry that optimises formation of ettringite in the cement composite matrix. This leads to an accelerating strength gain and partial densifying effect in final finishing stages of concrete.
BS BluTop formulation is configured to work with all dryshake brands and works in sync with various dryshake topping formulations.
Benefits / Features of BS BluTop
- Acts as a finishing aid and reduces friction when a power trowelling process is going on for the final finishing of the concrete floor.
- Improves bonding strength of dryshake hardener topping layers.
- Improves colour output of coloured dryshake hardeners
- Optimises final finishing operations.
- Partially Pre Densifies the surface, that allows better performance of the silicate densifiers used later for densification and polishing operations.
- Concrete Pavement & Roads are less prone to dusting and wearing out.
- Improves abrasion resistance of the concrete flooring
- Provides resistance to saponification, chemical attack and freeze thaw effects on the concrete surface.
Application Methods BS BluTop
- To be used only for Green Concrete Operations.
- Application to be done by battery powered or mechanical sprayer as a fine mist.
For Regular concrete flooring with application of dryshake hardener: After application of the first layer of dry shake hardener, spray 1kg material evenly on an area of to sqm, then pan the surface with Power Trowel.
If the next layer of hardener is applied, use BS BluTop as a final finishing aid at 10 to 12 Sqm per Kg of material while power trowelling instead of water for best results.
To be used as replacement of water sprinkling when doing final Ride on Trowel Operations to achieve a smoother consolidated finish with reflective properties.
In cases where dryshake floor hardener is not used, BS BluTop can be applied at 8 to 10 Sqm per Kg and finished to achieve a denser, durable, reflective finish.
Product Application Notes
- Use the product as per the requirement of the site use.
- Do not add water, product is ready to use
- Only to be used for Green Concrete Finishing
- BS BluTop is not a densifier, regular silicate/nano silica based densifier should be used later as required for densification and polish on cured concrete according to specifications. We recommended using the BS FloorDense system after 21 days for concrete polishing operations.
- Does not affect performance of secondary treatments like Epoxy / PU floorings.
Cleaning of Tools: Use water to clean spraying tools and containers, immediately after use.