Water-Tanks & Water bodies - New
Water-Tanks & Water bodies - New - After Minimum 28 days of curing of the Slab
1. Surface Preparation - Concrete
- Clear and thoroughly clean the surface with wire brush, electromechanical grinders and jute brush.
- Ensure surface is totally dust-free by using a high speed air blower
- Wash the surface with water to identify cracks
- Mark the cracks with chalk to identify them properly
2. Cold Joint Treatment - Concrete Structure
- Grind the cold joints to clear out the profile and remove any loose surface
- Make a groove using grinder to make space for repair mortar and make it dust free
- Apply bond coat of BS smartbond 100, diluted 1:2 in water and apply by brush
- Make repair mortar with sand cement ratio of 1:4 admixed with BS Smartbond 100 at 5% by weight of cement
3. Grouting of Concrete Structure
- Drill grouting hole in the structure after hammer testing and marking the areas to identify honey combed areas
- Install the packers using polymer mortar and let them set for a day.
- After 24 hours , use Grouting pump to grout the concrete with cement slurry admixed with expansive flow agent like MC-Einpresshilfe or similar
- Saturate all the points and remove the packers after work is done and repair with polymer mortar prepared with cement, sand , water and BSsmartbond 100.
4. Application of Cove or Gola along the vertical wall and terrace floor.
- On the concrete surface or the plastered surface make a horizontal and vertical cove or gola of 50mm.
- Apply a bond coat of BS Smartbond 100 diluted with water 1:2 by brush just before making gola or cove of 50mm
- Make a mix of cement : sand in ratio of 1: 4, add 5% BS Smartbond 100 by weight of cement in the mix and make a cove or gola along the wall on a still wet bond coat of BS Smartbond 100 applied before
- Cure it for 3 days, by using jute cloth or water spray curing 3 times a day.
a) Always Ensure before starting, the surface is dust free, use a high speed blower if possible or jute brush to remove any dust.
5. Application of Waterproofing Coating
b) Type Cementitious 1 Part or 2 Parts
- Priming: Apply a coat of 2k waterborne epoxy primer BS SmartPrime WB EP, Resin 1 Part, Hardener 2 Parts and Water 3 Parts, and apply by brush on the entire repaired and prepared surface.
- After a gap of 7 to 8 hours,
- Applying the first coat of Acrylic Cementitious System like MoistureZero Liquid chemical mixed with cement in 1:1.5 ratio
- After 4 hours, apply the second layer of MoistureZero mixed with cement in a ratio of 1:1.5 to finish the layer.