Terrace - RCC - New
Terrace - RCC - New - After Minimum 28 days of curing of the Slab
1. Surface Preparation
- Clear and thoroughly clean the surface with wire brush, electromechanical grinders and jute brush.
- Ensure surface is totally dust-free by using a high speed air blower
- Wash the surface with water to identify cracks
- Mark the cracks with chalk to identify them properly
- Use a grinder to widen the identified crack by 8 to 10mm, clear the cavity by jute brush or blower.
- Use solvent free epoxy BS Epoxy system Part A & Part B mixed together in the fixed ratio and to be poured in the cracks to seal the cracks
- Ensure wall plaster is complete and cured.
- Apply a bond coat of BS Epoxy 611 2K system by brush just before making gola . cove of 75mm
- Make a mix of cement : sand: aggregate 5mm in ratio of 1: 1.5: 3, add 5% BS Smartbond 100 by weight of cement in the mix and make a cove or gola along the wall on a still wet bond coat of BS Epoxy 611 applied before.
- Cure it for 3 days, by using jute cloth or water spray curing 3 times a day.
ii) Type Cementitious 1 Part or 2 Parts
2. After a gap of 7 to 8 hours,
- Applying the first coat of Acrylic Cementitious System like MoistureZero Liquid chemical mixed with cement in 1:1 ratio
- Start from a corner to allow application of glass fiber mesh as reinforcement to the layer of waterproofing
- Glass fiber mesh to overlap by 5cms and leveled properly
- After 4 hours, apply the second and third layer of MoistureZero mixed with cement in a ratio of 1:1.5 to finish the layer.
- On Wall / Vertical surface the application should be minimum 300mm above the gola/cove line
5. Apply Protection Plaster of 8 to 10mmthickness, prepared using cement and sand in ratio of 1:4 admixed with BS smartbond 100 at 1.5% weight of cement and 6mm fiber to allow further built up of tiles etc to not damage the waterproofing.