Sunken Area & Bathroom - New
Sunken Area & Bathroom - New - After Minimum 28 days of curing of the Slab
1. Surface Preparation
- Clear and thoroughly clean the surface with wire brush, electromechanical grinders and jute brush.
- Ensure surface is totally dust-free by using a high speed air blower
- Wash the surface with water to identify cracks
- Mark the cracks with chalk to identify them properly
2. Repair of Crack
- Use a grinder to widen the identified crack by 8 to 10mm, clear the cavity by jute brush or blower.
- Repairs the cracks with mortar made with cement : sand as 1:4 and admixed with BS smartbond 100 at 5% of the cement weight. Before applying the repair mortar apply a bond coat of BS smartbond 100 neat by brush in the crack.
3. Application of Cove or Gola along the parapet wall and terrace floor
- Ensure wall plaster is complete and cured.
- Apply a bond coat of BS Smartbond 100 diluted with water 1:2 by brush just before making gola . cove of 50mm
- Make a mix of cement : sand in ratio of 1: 4, add 5% BS Smartbond 100 by weight of cement in the mix and make a cove or gola along the wall on a still wet bond coat of BS Smartbond 100 applied before
- Cure it for 3 days, by using jute cloth or water spray curing 3 times a day.
4. Application of Waterproofing Coating
a) Always Ensure before starting, the surface is dust free, use a high speed blower if possible or jute brush to remove any dust.
b) Type Cementitious 1 Part or 2 Parts
- Priming: Apply a coat of 2k waterborne epoxy primer BS SmartPrime WB EP, Resin 1 Part, Hardener 2 Parts and Water 3 Parts, and apply by brush on the entire repaired and prepared surface.
- After a gap of 7 to 8 hours,
- Applying the first coat of Acrylic Cementitious System like MoistureZero Liquid chemical mixed with cement in 1:1.5 ratio
- After 4 hours, apply the second layer of MoistureZero mixed with cement in a ratio of 1:1.5 to finish the layer.
- On Wall / Vertical surface the application should be minimum 300mm above the gola/cove line
5. Apply Protection Plaster of 8 to 10mmthickness, prepared using cement and sand in ratio of 1:4 admixed with BS smartbond 100 at 1.5% be weight of cement and 6mm fiber to allow further built up of tiles etc to not damage the waterproofing.